Skip to main content

“How I Work”: Angela Brown, Founder of Brown & Brown Group @angelaempowerme #HowIWork

By Matt Heinz, President of Heinz Marketing

“How I Work” is one of my favorite recurring features in Inc Magazine as well as via Lifehacker’s This Is How I Work Series.

Every Thursday we feature a B2B sales, marketing or business leader in our own series and our own version of “How I Work” questions.  You can catch up on everyone we’ve featured thus far in the “How I Work” series here.

This week I’m excited to feature Angela Brown, Founder of Brown & Brown GroupBrown & Brown Group, LLC is a professional training, coaching and consulting organization founded by Angela Brown, a Certified John Maxwell Leadership Speaker, Coach and Teacher. Angela Brown works as an Executive Coach with the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, in both the Delta Leadership Program and Global Executive MBA programs. Her mission is to help individuals and organizations grow and prosper by using the best practices in personal and professional leadership development.  

Here in her own words is how she works.

Location: Two, Seattle & Scottsdale, constantly on the road, on location doing leadership training… all over the place

Number of unread emails right now? about 60

First app checked in the morning? My mediation and Bible app.. The Bible YouVersion.

First thing you do when you come into work? Look at my daily activity planner, review my plan.

What is your email management strategy? First, I only answer at specific times of the day and respond during my email hour, two times per day. I mark client/prospect as hot (my bosses) which are flagged and try not to pay attention as emails come into my inbox.  It’s part of my success strategy. It takes discipline.  I also categorize by order of importance.

Most essential app when traveling? Habits of Health.  I prioritize everything around personal accountability and ownership. Discipline comes in small, bites. Habits of health of keeps me on track doing something health related.

How do you keep yourself calm and/or focused? Discipline, having a clarity of purpose, mission, and a vision that is written out clearly and concisely is key.  It keeps me on point and focused on things that matter.

What’s your perspective or approach to work/life balance? Staying in alignment with my vision for how I see my life. I have a vision of me living my best life. Important to me are faith, family, business, and health too. Again.. having a clear vision to make sure things are in alignment

Are there any work rituals critical to your success? Prayer, starting the day out is critical. I have a devotional called, Jesus Calling. It’s pocket size so I can travel with it and I often send this one to close friends.

What apps/software/tools can’t you live without? of course, Outlook, specifically my calendar (color coded) for daily discipline, I can see at a glance, monthly if I’m on trajectory for where I want to go. It’s a priority to take out time for me, family time… income producing business, and prospecting.

What’s your workspace like? It’s a pop-up, wherever I have to be.  It includes a roller bag for an office with everything in it. Most importantly, my laptop and phone. That’s it.

What’s your best time-saving shortcut or lifehack? Color coding my calendar.  It keeps me focused and is great for productivity. Making sure I’m living out what I say is important in life.. whatever it is.. at a glance I can see what’s going on.

What are you currently reading?  Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win

Last thing you do before leaving work? Write out my legacy producing action items for the following day… for work the next day.

Who are some mentors or influencers you wish to thank or acknowledge? My family, especially my husband… he’s been a chief medical officer for big company for 32 years.  He has courage and a strong personality so he tells me like it is and what I need to hear.  We both know we’re all leaders in our own respect.

Name some supportive people who help make it possible to do what you do best? I’m looking for assistant (have been for 2 years) so TBD.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? Take nothing personally.

Name a guilty pleasure TV show: Younger

Anything else you want to add? I try to live my values, live by intention and with unaccountably.  We have to own and navigate life, make decisions, and form habits based on what it important to us.

 

Nominate someone here

The post “How I Work”: Angela Brown, Founder of Brown & Brown Group @angelaempowerme #HowIWork appeared first on Heinz Marketing.



from Blog – Heinz Marketing https://ift.tt/2q5V43m
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keala Kanae – Net Worth, Courses, Scam?

Keala Kanae net worth : Keala Kanae is an internet marketer with a net worth of approximately $3 million dollars. Digital marketing seems like a perfect way to make money from home at this time when the world hits a global pandemic. There are tons of internet gurus to teach you how to make a 6-figure income monthly. Take it from Keala Kanae of Fullstaq Marketer – the same guy behind AWOL Academy. At the same time, you’ve heard some reviews from past customers before and would like to know whether diving with Kanae is a good idea. Is it worth the time, effort, and investment with him? Will your expertise and income expand given the tricks mentioned in their books? Keala Kanae Net Worth According to Forbes and Huffpost , Kanae earned his first $1 million in AWOL’s first year. In 2017, his net worth grew to a massive $30 million. Keala Kanae’s net worth is somewhere between $30 million to $50 million. Who is Keala Kanae? Probably you’ve come across his ads on Facebook and YouT

Will Durex’s rebranded packaging help solve its biggest challenge?

Durex, the leading condom brand from Reckitt, recently announced its rebranded packaging for the Singapore market. The Drum spoke to Durex Singapore marketing director Justin Lee about how this refresh will reinvigorate its marketing. The new packaging includes new labels, colours and designs of the range as well as new navigation icons to help shoppers make a better choice. As a part of the month-long campaign, the condom brand will also be making its fit guide available on Shopee’s Durex official store. Having started in the UK , the rebranding is being rolled out gradually to countries worldwide and is now available in Singapore, informs Justin Lee, marketing director of Reckitt Singapore in an exclusive chat with The Drum. He elaborates on how with the new packaging, the brand hopes to find a solution to its biggest challenge: “of debunking reasons for not wearing a condom and normalizing this habit amongst the consumers.” The rebranding is part of Durex ’s year-long initiative

What is a Local Citation? Local SEO

In simple SEO terms, a local citation refers to any mention of your company online. This could be in a business directory, or on an industry-specific site, a blog or any other local website. Although local citations can help you rank in local search results, they are no longer a major ranking factor . However, they are still worth considering in order to promote your business. Common citations you are likely to already know of include listings on business directory websites such as Yell or Thomson Local . A complete citation should include the name, address and phone number of your business. Local citations do not always include a link to your site although they are more valuable if they do. What do they do? Citations help rank your Google Local Pack listing (this was formerly called Google+ Local map) by providing Google with credible sources of information about your business. Citations tell Google that your business exists, is legitimate and that what you say about it is accur